One of my favorite recipes ever! This one is sure to delight you and your family on a budget even though it won't taste that way. My BBQ twist on a classic Midwest specialty.
3-4 lb chuckroast
1 11.5 oz jar pepperoncinis
1 medium yellow onion sliced
2.5 cups beef broth
- preheat smoker to 250
- season chuckroast heavily with steak and chop rub let rest for 15 min
- smoke for 4 hours flipping once at halfway point
- move chuck roast to a deep grill safe container
- add sliced onion, peppers, and beef broth and cover
- cook covered for about 3 hours or until internal temp is 200+ or beef call be easily pulled with a tongs
- I'll leave the hotdog, bun, cheese situation up to you but I melted me some mozzarella on a hoagie and dipped that sucker in the juice!