Mississippi Ribeye Sandwich- Smoked Bologna Recipe
Mississippi Ribeye Sandwich
Send Pictures of your creation alongside your Full Boar BBQ rubs to @fullboarbbqproducts on Instagram to be featured! Always #fullboarbbq on your BBQ photos to be a part of our community.
- 5 pound whole bologna round
- 8 Brioche Buns
- Yellow mustard
- 8 oz jar Full Boar BBQ Bonfire Sweet Heat Spicy BBQ rub or Full Boar BBQ Classic Campfire Rub
- 3 long bamboo skewers
- Full Boar BBQ Classic Campfire Classic BBQ Sauce (Our Suggestion)
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 4 oz jar pimentos diced
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ a jalapeno seeded and minced
- 14 oz package coleslaw mix
- ¾ cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp Full Boar BBQ Garden, Barn, and River Rub
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp celery salt
- In separate bowls mix all the ingredients for the pimento cheese and coleslaw and mix well. Put in fridge to chill while smoking the bologna.
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees.
- Unwrap the whole bologna round and, being careful to not go deeper than an inch, spin the bologna while scoring every inch all the way wound.
- Standing the bologna on end score parallel to your first scores until you have one inch squares over the whole round. Do the same thing on the ends. Below is a pic of how it should look when it is finished to give you an idea of how to do this.
- Using the yellow mustard, rub a thin layer all over the bologna working it into the cracks as much as possible. Once your mustard is layered on as a binder, use your Full Boar BBQ Rub to put a nice layer over the entire piece of meat. Insert skewers into one end of the bologna until they go almost all the way through. These are used to flip and handle the bologna without taking off the rub.
- Smoke at 250 with heavy smoke for 2 1/2 – 3 hours or until you get the nice dark look you see below without burning.
- After smoking, slice off as thick of a piece as you would like for sandwiches. In either a cast iron skillet or a hot grill put a good sear on both sides of the slice.
- To assemble the sandwiches put a good layer of pimento cheese on the bottom bun. Place your slice of bologna on top of the cheese. Put a generous portion of slaw on top of the bologna. Pour as much Full Boar BBQ Sauce as you wish on top of it all and cap it off with the top bun. Enjoy!
DM your BBQ photos along with your Full Boar BBQ Rub to @ffullboarbbqproducts for your chance to be featured!