Slow Cooker Carne Asada:
- 2 roughly 2 lb. chuck roasts
- 1 medium to large white onion
- 2 poblano peppers
- 3 limes
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 7 oz can of chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
Full Boar BBQ Products:
- First get out your slow cooker and get it heating up. I always cook this recipe on a high setting but if you have the time (10-12 hours) a low setting will work fine.
- Move Chuck roasts to a pan or cutting board for seasoning. First, season all sides generously with your Full Boar BBQ- All Purpose Garden, Barn, and River Rub. You will want to then let it rest for about 5 minutes to allow the salt to bind with the meat.
- Once rested take your Full Boar BBQ- The Black Label Steak and Chop Rub and again season generously on all sides. Set the meat aside to rest while completing the next steps.
- To create our sauce: In a medium bowl combine the chipotle peppers, garlic, and juice from the 3 limes. With a sharp knife, finely chop your cilantro. (TIP: I usually will chop about 3/4 of the bunch and set the rest aside for garnishing when finished.) While you have your knife out for chopping go ahead and julianne your onion as well.
- Add the cilantro to the bowl and mix all the ingredients well. No need to go overboard here, they will have plenty of time to meet in the pot.
- Moving to your slow cooker now. Take half of the onion and break it up to cover the bottom of the cooker. On top of this add in your 1/2 cup of water followed by about a quarter of the sauce we just created.
- Move one of your chuck roasts into the pot on top of this and top it with another quarter of the sauce. Stack the second chuck roast directly on that. Break up the other half of the onion to cover all of this and then top with the remaining sauce. Toss in your poblano peppers just anywhere but I try to keep them on opposite sides of the pot.