For the Chicken:
4 whole chicken breasts
1 stick unsalted butter
Full Boar BBQ Bonfire Sweet Heat Spicy BBQ Rub
Full Boar BBQ Bonfire Sweet Heat Spicy BBQ Sauce
Apple Slaw Topping:
1 Gala Apple Shredded
1 Granny Smith Apple Shredded
1 16 oz. bag classis coleslaw mix
1 cup mayonnaise
4 TSP apple cider vinegar
1 TBSP Full Boar BBQ Garden, Barn, and River Rub
1 TBSP granulated sugar or sugar replacement
- Mix all ingredients together well and let sit for at least 3 hours in the fridge.
Optional: Arugula for garnish
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees
- Unpackage chicken breast and trim any obvious excess fat or gristle off that may be hanging on. Once trimmed pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Seasoning the bottom side first, give the breasts a good layer of Full Boar BBQ Bonfire Sweet Heat Spicy BBQ Rub, let soak in for 3-5 minutes, then flip and do the other side making sure there is a good layer covering the entire piece.
- Let smoke for about an hour and a half or until the internal temp is around 140.
- Lay down 3-4 pads of butter on a sheet of foil placing a chicken breast on top. Pour your Full Boar BBQ Sauce on top and follow that with another 3-4 pads of butter before wrapping the foil tightly around the chicken.
- Return the breasts to the smoker until they are about 156 internal temp.
- Leave the breasts wrapped as you remove from the smoker and allow them to rest for 10 minutes minutes until they cook themselves up over 160.
- Build your sandwich by placing arugula on your choice of bread, followed by the smoked BBQ chicken breast. Top that with apple slaw and more BBQ sauce to taste.